Post Christmas squeeze


No, not my trousers!  (Though they are a little tighter than they used to be.) The squeeze I'm referring to is the little un-Christmastized corner of my studio.  Like Pooh, I'm wedged in great tightness, into the little space left to me, I have managed to get two tubes of paint, a sketchbook, pen, and a brush in with me, so have been fiddling with shapes of teasles.



Again, speed and looseness is what I'm aiming for with these seed heads.

Above: oil pastel, scratched, with overlays of paint also scratched.

Right: pen and ink

Below: Wet paint, scratched, layered and scratched again....the best effect so far I think...though they do look a little furry rather than spikey.
  



































Comments

Ineke said…
The third one is my favorite too.
Maggi said…
I like the third one too. I can almost feel the spikes.
Annabel Rainbow said…
Thanks for the comment Ineke, I'll come back to these very shortly, but have switched to the quilts for now.
Annabel Rainbow said…
I've decided the spikes need to be shorter and firmer really, but I still like number 3! Thanks for the comment Maggi.

Popular Posts