Life 13, The unProfessional Wife - body stitched.

Following a little bit of unkindness about Life 4 on an American Quilters forum, I'd like to move this comment I made from that posting to here, as it's worthy of mentioning again I feel.

" I also feel I'd like to say a word on behalf of the models. When people start to discuss work as if the maker doesn't exist that's one thing, but no one ever thinks about the wonderful models. Yes they are paid, but they've purposely put themselves out there in the hope that it will help their fellow women feel better about themselves and about how they look. I'm truly grateful for their courage and their willingness to support me, and I'd like to remind others that they are not faceless lumps but caring and thoughtful women trying to help their fellows in their own way."

Comments

Robbie said…
Wonderful!!!! Your work is beautiful!!!!! Love this post and your comment!!!!
Annabel Rainbow said…
Thank you Robbie. Back to making a quilt for this one which will take time - it's one I haven't used before.
Debbie said…
I was amazed at the comments in your previous post but everybody to their own I suppose, its just so narrow minded and bigoted. Your models are certainly praiseworthy putting themselves out there for all to see,
Duffy said…
I love you model. It reminds me of my own body.Plus a size or two.When I talked to you and saw your quilts in Birmingham last year. I felt good again about how my body looks. It is my body and I love it again. By the way all of your quilt they make me make me think and you are so right!
Annabel Rainbow said…
Thank you Debbie, Duffy and Maggi. They give me great heart too!
Kit Lang said…
Beautiful comment about beautiful women. Why are we so hateful and judgmental about other womens' bodies anyway? It only makes us all uglier. Thank you for your gorgeous art and for featuring these lovely, brave, women.

Popular Posts